Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Gonna Do It!

I am going to sign up for a craft fair.

That makes my heart thump just writing it.

I have wanted to participate in a craft fair for some time. I haven't in the past because the thought of someone deciding if my stuff is good enough or not just made me uncomfortable.

Now, I don't care. I am happy with the creations I make, and I am proud of them. If someone else doesn't feel the same, oh well.

The hardest part now is... well everything :)

I have no idea what I am doing. I googled "Iowa Craft Fairs" and got a lot of results. The ones that are free listings (because I would rather not pay for a list of craft fairs) are all out of date.



That means I actually have to do more research. They do say that the harder your work for something, the more it is worth.

Or something like that.

Anyway, I have decided on at least one craft fair. It is called Oktemberfest. The website is partially updated, but the vendor form is not. I called the number (while shaking from nervousness). The man I spoke with said that someone was scheduled to update the info in the next week or so, but that I could fill out the form and send it in.

I asked what type of craft items are they or are they not looking for. He asked what I have to offer.

My mind went blank. I couldn't think of a single thing I make. It felt like a really long time before I finally answered him, "I make stuff from mostly recycled items. Like animals, I make stuffed animals...and flowers, wool flowers from felted wool sweaters, and..."

He said, "Those are some things we haven't had in the past. You are welcome to bring them and try to sell them."

Really? That was it? So totally awesome :)

I am waiting for my hubby to wake up from his nap (he just got home from a college paintball tournament in Florida where most of the trip was spent on the 44 hour round trip car ride) so that I can print out the form and send it in.

Then I need to figure out what the heck I am suppose to do from there.

Suggestions are welcome (please, pretty please, really, I could use any help you would be willing to provide).

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!