Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Swappin' Fool!

Please excuse any typo's (well, more than are normally there). It is late and I have been in a crafty frenzy for the last couple of hours. Well, almost 5.

I was asked to send out to a second partner in round three of the Random Acts of Kindness swap. At first I was a little nervous. I am always a little nervous. The people over at craftsters.org are all awesome at what they do. I feel a little intimidated due to my kaoticness.

You know , "Jill of all trades, master of none," kinda thing. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but sometimes I can feel a little...less.

Today, when asked to provide for a second swap partner, I felt that same intimidation. Then I started looking through my partners posts, wist, etc. I started formulating an idea and then it just took off.

I went from no clue, to this:

After a bit more research and digging through my crafty stash, I came up with this:
My first mixed media piece. The tree is made from the inside of a security envelope, the left and right owls are fabric, the middle is fused plastic. They all have paper tummies and beaks. They have beads for eyes and metal feather beads for wings. The "leaves" on the tree are from a t-shirt. Oh, the pink on the canvas was painted by Emma a few months ago, so she gets credit for this art work as well!

My partner has three kids. I selected the colors of the owls based off of their birthstones. For their tummies, I added a little image of something they like (the owl on the left belongs to a 1yr old so her interests are hard to pin down through forum messages). 

Closeups of the owls:


(I wasn't patient enough to let the glue dry before taking pictures)

As I sat at my kitchen table looking from the pencil drawing to the finished piece, I realized I really liked the simplicity of the pencil drawing. So I grabbed a second canvas and came up with this:
Oil pastels


And now, I am not sure which one I like better. For that matter, I am not sure which one my  swap partner would like better...

I would love your thoughts! I don't have to mail it out of a while, so I would appreciate it if you let me know which one you like better and which one you think I should send out. 

Thanks and have a great day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!