Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August's Altered Art Journal- Calendar

To start of the new month I started a new altered journal. I love how everything in life is a learning process.

First lesson learned from the new journal?

Make sure the altered journal isn't bigger than my scanner :)

Here are my calendar pages:


The calendar pages are on the back of the front cover and the very first page. I ripped up a few pages from an old dictionary and mod podged them in. I went over that with some green soft pastels with a touch of blue. Over that I made a bunch of swirls with different colored gel pens (gelly roll, soufle, glaze). I also used some LePlume markers and a few sharpies. All in shades of blue and green with a touch of white. I went over it all with mod podge and layed out my inchies for the title and days of the month. I used Martha Stewarts Opaqu marker set for the month and year. I traced the letters and numbers with a silver sharpie.

And I decided to do weekly pages as well.




The weeks are not to fancy. I just used some found lined papers- each week has the same patterns of paper, but I have arranged them different for each week. I plan to doodle to fill in all the blank space. 

That is all I have so far but I look forward to filling up this months altered journal!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper people! You are so cool, I need you to come back here and show me how to do super cool stuff step by step. ok?!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good :) With all the craziness that happened last year for us, I have been sticking close to home, but I will work on putting a tutorial up of how I do the paper people. No guarantees, but I would like to have it up here by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!