Thursday, February 21, 2013

Latest Obsession- Felted Mini Horses

I have been enjoying making these lovely little ponies. I am finally getting the hang of making them, so a tutorial will be coming soon.

Anyway, here are the little equines that I have made so far. They are for sale, so if your interested, send me an e-mail at kaotickrafter@hotmail.com.

*all names are courtesy of my 7 year old daughter*

All mini horses are about 1/4 of a hand high (if your not a giant dork like me, that's 1" measured to the back, about 2" from hoof to ear tip) and about 2 1/4" long. Some of the horses are made from recycled wool sweaters, others are made from a mix of wool/rayon felt. When possible, I stuff these little guys (and girls) with wool roving. Others are stuffed with poly-fill. I hope to find a source of local wool roving, but until then, I'll be using the poly-fill.

Mini Felt Horses (7)
Witchcraft 

Mini Felt Horses (9)
Coco Swirl

Mini Felt Horses (11)
Carrot Swirl

Mini Felt Horses (5)
Mints

Mini Felt Horses (20)
The Roundup (photo by Emma)

I can also custom make them in just about any color, so let me know if you want one (or an entire herd!). To see the color selection I am working with, check this out

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Cuuuute! My favorite is coco Swirl. Good names :)

    Hey, e-mail me your address and I'll send you some monster book plates. I have some lying around, they were just waiting for somebody to mention them!
    kira@oopsicraft............(you know the rest!)....dotcom

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!