Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Journals, Freezer Paper Stencils, and Laid Up but still Crafting

I want to thank everyone who offered their advice on the handmade journals. We are still interested in what you think, so feel free to leave comments.

I was super excited when Gramma came down on Sunday and brought with her the latest batch of journals that Mary had filled and zuttered.

Here is a picture of the box of goodies.


And some specific pics of individual journals. Most of these journals are 8 1/2" X 5 1/2".

Journals filled with recycled manila envelopes.



Journals Filled with recycled paper used for packing and moving.




Journals filled with recycled office paper folded in half.


Journals filled with lined paper from old school notebooks.






I love them all!! I will have them up in the Artfire Shop by the end of the month. If you can't wait, just e-mail me and we will see if we can get the one you want into the shop sooner.

So, onto some more freezer paper stencils.
I realized that I could send the freezer paper through the printer. Opens up the world of possibilities! It also saves paper. Now I don't have to print onto computer paper and then cut out both.

So far the only thing I have printed directly onto the freezer paper is butterflies.

Emma painted the big butterfly, I painted the little one. We will probably end up adding a few more to the back of this tank top to cover up some stains.

I asked Emma to draw one of her creatures on the freezer paper. This is what I ended up with.

I love it:) Reminds me of the Little Miss and Little Mr. characters.

Here are my free hand stencils.


About all I can do right now is sit on the couch with my ankle up. The surgery went well, but I am really kinda sore. Walking around or sitting with my feet down makes my ankle even more sore. So, I have piled a few crafts around me on the couch.

With the X-Box on and netflix running some chick flicks, I set to work. I didn't get a whole lot done today, but I did manage to make these wool beaded coasters.

I saw the tutorial on Resweater and she found it here, at The Lavender Tree. Thanks to both ladies for giving me a project I can do while laid up!

Well, I think that is about all. I have no idea what I will be doing tomorrow, but I am sure you will hear about it :)

Oh, and help make me feel better by leaving me a comment!!

1 comment:

  1. Things that I particularly love in this post:

    The journals with the crumpled packing paper pages. Those make me SO happy!!!

    The way fun coasters. I have a thing for coasters. I don't know why, but I just love hand made ones!

    That FABULOUS creature you used for the freezer paper technique!!! Holy CUTENESS!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!