Monday, September 5, 2011

Just Be Yourself Altered Journal

Yes, more journals. This one came about by accident. When I work in my altered journals, I typically work on a spread, then work on a few pages that I have pulled from the altered journal. When I was working on the Celebrate spread, I was really happy with how thick the paper turned out with the writing journal pages as a collaged layer. So I made more. 

Front page. The tag says 'just be yourself.' The purple is wax from a candle that I dripped around the page and then stamped with found items. 

Celebrate the Journey
This was the first page I created using my writing journal pages. 

Squishy Head
I really liked the pictures :) The fingers made me think of when I was a kid and I would "squish" people with my fingers. 

History Squares
These fun squares were created using different widths of cut up credit cards. 

Critters
More random and fun items. 

Inherit the Earth
Emma loves Furn Gully, and I really like the message it sends. I added a picture of Emma and Jared hiking, and the Native America proverb, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Just call me a tree hugger :)

Change is Good
Hearts cut from a scrap piece of encyclopedia page, drops of red wax, and a ticket from a play I saw with my sister and her sisters-in-law 4 years ago. 

You might remember this lady from this post

Cracked
Just some fun images that I liked. 

In Progress
I might do something with it, I might not. Only time will tell. 

Also in progress. 

A fun page with bicycles in the upper left corner. 

Back cover
My second painted lady with more wax art. And yes, she is mischievous. 


Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!