Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just Be Yourself

I have been experimenting with lots of new-to-me techniques. My favorite one lately is using watered down acrylics in a small spray bottle.

Lay down some paper- I used some found pieces of paper that I think might be a manila folder cut up.


Lay some stencil type items on top- anything works really: foam stickers, window screen, nuts and washer, etc. Use your imagination. Then spray away with watered down acrylics, or any other type of paint/ink that you can spray from a bottle. 

If you find any particular pieces that need to be enhanced, have  fun with it!

I also used a tracing wheel (used to transfer patterns to fabric I think) and more paint to make the dotted lines.


I also added some stamps and some inchies as I saw the need.

This is the top of the journal and the paper I had under the pieces of manila folder that got sprayed. All kinds of potential with that!

And no, this is not a clean craft. I ended up with sprayed paint everywhere. At least now I can tell which phone is mine :0)

I used the spray hand sanitizer bottles. 

The front is a little card I made months ago when Emma was really into collage and wanted me to work with her. The front says "Just be yourself"

A fun chunky little journal just for waiting bits of wisdom and art to be added to it. 

"Let your art give you wings"
Words to live by. 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I think I want to try it and make a big mess of my own. Your little book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is addicting and I would love to see what you would come up with!

    Here is a fun extra tip: If your stencils are flat, stick them inside a regular notebook, close the notebook and rub to get the extra paint off. I found that doing that worked better then trying to transfer the extra paint onto thicker paper. Once they notebook paper is dry, you have more collage material. Sometimes I get better results in the notebook than I do on the sprayed page!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!