Thursday, August 2, 2012

Teaching is Learning

I taught a class last night. If you are one of the wonderful ladies that participated, THANKS! I had such a great time.

For those that did not, you missed out. Big time ;0)

The class I taught (and I am using the term 'taught' very loosely) was Free-Form Journaling. The class was a little about altered journals, a little about junk journals, but mostly about the opportunity to be with other like minded people and get creative.

The bad news? I didn't take any pictures :0(

The good news? I get to teach every Wednesday until we move to Montana (which will be on October 1st). So, if you are in the Cresco, IA area, feel free to drop in for a class!

Who: Anyone 10 and older looking to get creative
What: Free-Form Journaling
Where: The Exchange 105 2nd St SW, Cresco, IA 563-203-8017
When: Wednesday's, 6:00-8:00
How Much: $10 per person (plus tax for supplies)

So, why did I title this post "Teaching is Learning?" Because it never fails to amaze me all the cool things a person can learn or all the amazing inspiration one can gather.

For example, I learned about painting/printing with fish. Totally cool and I want to try it.
I learned that rubber cement is not a great archival glue (I sorta knew this already).
I was inspired to make something for my BFF and can't wait to get working on it.

I know there were other cool things I learned, but my brain is now tired (as it is past my bed time). So, until next time, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Sounds like you had a great time with your class. Making a crafty mess with other folks can be such a good time :) I've always wanted to make fish prints, too...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!