Saturday, February 1, 2014

Nail and String Art

I realize that these nail and string art (or whatever they are called) have been around for a while, but we finally decided to give it a try.

Super simple. All you need are some nails, some wood (we used scraps that I had painted forever ago) and some sort of string. We used embroidery floss, but yarn or even thread I think would work for this.

Place a piece of paper over your wood. Draw the desired shape 
(or use your computer and printer if you want a more precise shape)

Hammer in some nails along the lines your drew

Pick a nail to start with, tie your string to the nail, then loop randomly (or in a pattern).
I had Emma go around each nail in a complete circle before moving on to then next nail.

Enjoy your masterpieces! 

We hope the winter is treating everyone well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!