Friday, August 5, 2011

Bringing Local Art to the Communtiy

I have been getting more and more involved with the local art community in Ames. I have been attending a monthly get together called Creative Collision hosted by Ames C.art. Creative Collision is just a group of people who meet at a local business and chat, work on projects, and have fun. It is very low pressure and relaxed.

Every year Ames C.art does a community project. Last year they painted a mural on one of the buildings in Campus Town in Ames. This was before I was aware of Ames C.art.

This years project is the ArtVend. What is ArtVend?

"It is a vending machine that has been transformed to display and sell the work of local artists and crafters (aka Makers). The machine will spread homemade morsels of Central Iowa where they might not normally reach, and local Makers will have a unique option to promote their work. The presence of the ArtVend will encourage the integration of creativity into everyday life."

I am very excited to be submitting some items for ArtVend which debuts in mid September. ArtVend will be located at Wheatsfield Cooperative Grocery in Ames, IA.  

If you live within 50 miles of Ames, IA and you would like to submit your creations, please visit Ames C.art for more info!

1 comment:

  1. I hope to see your artwork in the machine! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!