Monday, September 17, 2012

August 2012 Altered Journal - Pt. 2

In case you missed part 1, you can find it here.

We ended the last post on August 16th, so here we go with August 17th!

August 17th
Not a really great scan, or page for that matter. I had a cool idea that I sketched out on a post-it note and stuck that into my journal. 

August 18th
Random bits of paper added to the journal. 

August 19th
I wasn't sure what to do, so I grabbed one of my sets of markers and made a sample sheet of what they would look like. Practical and pretty.

This was one of the pictures from the actual book. I kept it because I thought it was pretty cool. The picture on the right is a photo of "the worlds largest photo- the Kodak Colorama, 18 feet high by 60 feet wide- as shown in the Grand Central Terminal, New York City, New York." This is from 1950.

August 20th
A fun, simple page that I did while in a hotel room. The photo of the flowers was taken by Emma.

August 21st
I started not feeling well on our trip back home. I was in bed by 7:30pm and never even thought about working in my journal until the next day. 

August 22nd
This was another class night, but I only had one person attend. I demonstrated how to stitch around the edges of the page, and I made a fun little tag. 

August 22nd
Once home from my class, I played around with Crayola Studio on the computer and made the heart. 

August 23rd
The "Awesome" was some leftovers from a wood block I made. The block had a paper boy on it with the quote, "Don't forget to be awesome."

August 24th
I had sort of been commissioned to make an altered journal, which I was struggling with. I glued in a few bits that I had made for the journal that I ended up not liking. A reminder that creativity isn't always there when I want it. Best to use it while I can!

August 25th
I don't remember why, but I decided to make Emma a dress from a t-shirt that was a bit to snug for me. In order to guarantee that she would wear it, I sewed a horse on it. I know, pretty sneaky. This journal entry is some of the left over fabric I used to make the dress. 
Oh, Emma LOVES the dress :0)

August 26th
Jared and I decided last minute (with some encouragement from Gramma) to go on a little trip, just the two of us. So we did. This journal entry is some receipts from some of the places we stopped on our trip up, as well as a little snippet of the page I created in the journal I am working on for Emma. 

August 27th
I spent the entire day being creative at the beautiful Whiteley Creek B&B while Jared was out mountain biking. Here are a few of the leftovers as well as some notes and receipts from the day. 

August 28th
Our last day on our mini vacation. More receipts and lots of writing!

August 29th
Just some random doodles and whatnot's. I love drawing trees. 

August 30th
I jazzed up an old composition book for Emma and put some of the stray bits into my journal. Probably should actually write more stories in the composition journal for her to illustrate...

August 31st
More random bits. The "LOVE" is a piece of graph paper stamped a while ago that was just living in my stash. A random paper key, also from my stash, and a little watercolor sticker. The post-it note was written just before bed one night and included into my journal because I actually remember to do what I had written down. 

Well, that is the end of the book. I had a few pages left in my journal, so I just wrote what my overall impression of the past month was as well as a few things that happened throughout the month that I wanted to remember (like Emma finally realizing that she can read-and reading everything in site). 

I am currently working on Septembers altered journal, which has been a little tougher for some reason. I will start scanning pages and start posting them soon. 

Well, I hope that you enjoyed seeing my daily journal entries, and I hope that this inspires you to give it a try.

Have a creative day!



2 comments:

  1. Great pages! My favorite is the horse page :) Sneaky... and so cute. The mane is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Some may disagree, but sometimes being sneaky is like having a mom super power.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!